General and Family Dentistry
Our general dentistry focuses on ensuring our patients have excellent oral hygiene and good overall dental health. We offer regular dental checkups to evaluate your overall dental health and detect and diagnose any issues that need treatment.
Our treatments include;
- Scaling and polishing
- Gum treatment
- Treatment for sensitive teeth
- Extractions – We carry out both routine and surgical extractions including wisdom teeth.
- Paedodontics (children’s dentistry)
We also offer
Orthodontic Treatment (braces)
This treatment helps to correctly align patients teeth, braces are worn to gently and gradually move crooked or overcrowded teeth into a position of correct alignment.
Root canal treatments (nerve fillings)
This treatment is necessary when the nerve of the tooth and surrounding area becomes infected due to decay injury or dental erosion. The procedure is carried out under local anesthetic ensuring our patients are comfortable and pain-free throughout.
- Tooth whitening
- Dental veneers – It is a thin layer of porcelain bonded to the tooth to improve appearance of crooked or chipped teeth, cover discoloured teeth and close spaces.
- Smile analysis – A detailed cosmetic examination is carried out to provide an overview of your aesthetic needs.
- Composite artistry -Modern materials and techniques are used to shape your teeth to the size and colour that you desire. We can even build up missing teeth using fibre re-enforced composite technology. These treatments are done without any damage to your existing teeth.
Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry
Missing teeth can be replaced and badly broken teeth restored, using advanced crown and bridge based techniques, going hand in hand with dental implants.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
A bridge is a fixed dental restoration (a fixed dental prosthesis) used to replace a missing tooth (or several teeth) by joining an artificial tooth to adjacent teeth.
Excessive wear of teeth
Tooth substance isn’t only lost through tooth decay, it can also be lost by grinding teeth excessive tooth brushing or other habits (like biting fingernails) or erosion from acidic liquids like fizzy drinks, many alcoholic beverages, fruit teas, fresh fruit juices. Using modern techniques, we are able to build these worn down teeth to their original form.
Dental implants are a way of replacing teeth that have been lost. They are essentially a substitute for a natural root. An implant is fixed in the patients mouth and can be used to replace a single tooth by placing a crown on top of the implant or used to replace a few missing teeth by placing a bridge on top of the implants. They can also be used to secure dentures in place.
This is a customised removable appliance aimed at replacing missing teeth. It is a simple easy way to restore function and aesthetics for any patient.